Sunday, October 23, 2011

Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies.

As usual, I was thinking of some kind of new cookie recipe to whip up. This time, I took a slightly different approach and combined sweet and salty flavors into one DELICIOUS cookie! The idea came to me one day when I saw the new chocolate chips that my mom had purchased at the store. Nestle Toll House is now selling dark chocolate chips and I thought that dark chocolate would pair perfectly with peanut butter. But that just wasn't enough for me, so I decided to add some pretzels. The result was an absolutely delicious and perfect cookie that I have to share.



Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies:

1 1/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter*
1 tsp. vanilla
2/3 cup dark chocolate chips**
1 cup crushed pretzels

Preheat the oven to 350.
In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt, and set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter and both sugars until well mixed. Stir in the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla, and blend together. Add the flour mixture and stir together all the ingredients. Fold in your chocolate chips and pretzels.
Drop rounded teaspoons of dough onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Pop the cookies in the oven and bake for about 8 – 10 minutes, depending on your cookie size and oven. As soon as the edges turn slightly brown I take the cookies out and allow them to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet.
*It is extremely important to use chunky peanut butter to add that extra crunch!
** It is also extremely important to use dark chocolate chips. This is what brings out the deliciousness in this sweet and salty combination.



No comments:

Post a Comment