Monday, November 4, 2013

The Culinary Institute of America: Where Dreams Come True!

     As of January 2013, I began my journey through the kitchens of the Culinary Institute of America! Being a baking pastry major requires a lot of hard work and little to no free time to, let's say, update a blog! Before I started school, I was nervous beyond belief. Little did I know that great things were headed my way. The very first day of school I met some incredible people. Only a few days in, groups of friends were starting to form and new routines were being made.
     Learning the basics of baking and whipping up some things I have never tried before was the "icing on the cake" so to speak. My baking class was a group of 20 girls, or sisters rather. We were together 24/7 and surprisingly, that was not a bad thing. The bakers mingled with the culinary students and everyone in the start date were one big happy family. That brings me to my group of friends! A small but close group consisting of a handful of bakers and a pinch of culinary kids! And then there was Phil! A culinary student from New York who I happen to fall in love with!
     Ten months later and here we are. My start date is all on externship now around the world. Me, my boyfriend Phil, and our two best friends who are also dating living under one roof in Long Island, externing in Manhattan. My little life turned around completely! So this is my journey through the kitchens and the streets and through a ton of flour and sugar. But that's a good thing because I am learning a ton of stuff and having the time of my life!

                                    (my best friend and extern roommate! and fellow baker!)
                                           (my beautiful group of baker sisters!)

                                                (the two girls that get me through my day!)
                                              
                                              (I met Florian from Cupcake Wars!)
                                               (the love of my life, Phil!)
                                                   (my extern site that went to Martha Stewart's event!)

No comments:

Post a Comment