Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving.. A Week of Fun!

So it's that time of year again! Once Halloween came and gone I knew the holidays would fly by! This week was a crazy one! Since I am not living at home at the moment, I was feeling a bit down and extremely home sick. But lucky for me and wonderful bosses at the cake shop where I work, I had a few days off to spend time with my family at home. Unlike my roommates who all work in restaurants in Manhattan, I work in a cute, happy, and bubbly little cake shop that doesn't work us around the clock!
My week of fun started on Tuesday morning when I froze in Central Park for about three hours waiting to see none other than One Direction! Was it worth it? Um... hell yeah! I was super close to the stage and saw everything and everyone perfectly! Needless to say I made it from the Upper East side all the way to Midtown West for work with 3 minutes to spare!
Wednesday, however, was the real fun day! A half day at work and then on the train to go home! Real home, not Long Island home! When I got home, I whipped up my famous chocolate chip cookies with no time to waste! For Thanksgiving, our dessert selection consisted of cookies, cheesecake, cookies, and chocolate saucy cakes? Saucy what? Yeah still not sure what they were but my Uncle was being nice and decided to bring them! Long story short, I always end up thinking about food and dessert, mainly dessert! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving if celebrated!

                                           (Can never go wrong with cookies, chips, and wine!)
                                                     (The dinner table for Thanksgiving!)
                                                        (My plate of food! So yummy!)
                                                  (Chocolate Saucy Cakes...Interesting.)
                                                     (The important part of the night!)
                                       (My ever so famous and delicious chocolate chip cookies!)
                                              (My mom's chocolate ganache cheesecake!)
                                          (Yes this is Harry Styles and yes I was this close!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment