Thursday, December 6, 2012

Snickerdoodle Maple Bars

I'm getting ready for Christmas already! I have a list of cookies that I want to try, so I thought it would be a good idea to start a bit early. I came across this recipe but decided to make it my own. I added some chocolate chips to the bars and reduced the amount of maple syrup in the glaze, and I'm glad I did because, boy were they sweet! Overall, these bars were delicious! After the glaze settled in on the bars they were so moist and gooey! Definitely worth a try!




Snickerdoodle Maple Bars
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 2/3 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1 tbsp. cinnamon-sugar

Glaze
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1 tbsp. maple syrup
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1-3 tsp. water

1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until well blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.

2. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake at 350 for 20-25 mintues or until golden brown. Cool completely.

3. In a small bowl, mix all glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over top. Cut into bars and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment