Thursday, May 3, 2012

Brown Sugar Cookies

Hello everyone! I haven't had the chance to post anything new in a while because I haven't had the time to bake lately! But today was one of those days that I had to get out my bowls and spoons and measuring cups and get to work! I decided to try an all brown sugar cookie recipe. I love the texture brown sugar gives to cookies, so I always omit some of the white sugar and add a bit more brown. Overall, I was not that impressed with the results of this cookie, but I blame myself for that because I used one stick of butter and one stick of maragine. Besides that, it was a pretty decent cookie that I would recommend. I'm not sure if you can go wrong with a chocolate chip cookie... especially straight from the oven.

Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies Makes about 18... if you don't taste the dough ;)1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup semisweet or milk chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix flour, salt, and baking soda together in medium bowl; set aside.
Beat the butter and brown sugar until thoroughly blended. Add eggs, and vanilla and mix to combine. Add dry ingredients and mix just to blend. Gently fold in chips.
Place dough onto parchment paper-lined cookie sheet using a scooper.
Bake 10 minutes or until cookies are pale brown.
Cool cookies on cookie sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack until cooled completely. Serve or store in airtight container.


Calories 285
Carbohydrates 38
Fat 13

No comments:

Post a Comment